Monday, October 6, 2008

Invitation


“Gemini (May 21-June 20) Locate an oasis during any troubled moments. While you cannot ignore hard, cruel facts, you can refuse to let them spoil your day.” Star Signs The Oregonian, Monday, October 6, 2008

Don’t know much about astrology but this horoscope seems like a good place to begin the CQS blog. Listening to NPR news about banks being taken over in Europe and the current financial instability in this country and around the world... I won’t go into all my thoughts and concerns about that as it just goes the opposite direction of creating a “quiet space”. So what do we do when the world around us seems to be chaotic and we want to have a good day with positive thoughts and vibrations within and around us?

I’m having a cup of tea, just turned off the radio, and taking some long, deep breaths. Looking out the window seeing the sun breaking through the dark clouds, things are looking better already.

There are so many ways we can take care of ourselves when it “seems” that things aren’t going so well. Sometimes just changing the thought makes all the difference. I’m thinking about what I want to do today to make my heart sing and my new business move forward. I’m thinking about what I’m grateful for ...thinking about doing some yoga, thinking about a walk in the park..

This blog is an opportunity to share ideas about finding personal sanctuary in our everyday lives. What do you do to create a peaceful nurturing spaces for yourself? Please share your ideas on this blog. The blog as been set up to allow others to publish their thoughts, however I reserve the right to edit material that is not appropriate.



* Photo from http://baisri.files.wordpress.com

No comments: